Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Sessions
One of the most powerful benefits of hypnosis is that it can help motivate you to change your daily habits or reinforce your goals. Through this positive coaching technique you can:
- quit smoking
- change your weight
- reduce your stress, anxieties, fears, or phobias
- make positive changes in your life
- enhance your learning
- enhance your athletic abilities
Hypnosis is a natural state of physical and mental relaxation which we experience on our own every day. It’s what happens when we become engrossed in a movie, daydream, or ‘enter the zone’ in athletic activities.
During a hypnotherapy counselling session, you (the client) are aware of everything happening around you. You are neither unconscious nor asleep. Rather, you are in a deeply relaxed state where your mind is highly focused and able to accept positive suggestions that will help you achieve your goals. You are always in control and will only implement suggestions you chose to implement. The power of hypnosis is within you, not the hypnotherapist.
Dr. Phebe-Jane Poole uses this very safe but powerful tool to guide you through a comfortable and inspiring experience where you communicate with your subconscious mind. The subconscious mind maintains and stores our long term memories, our emotions, our fears and phobias, our attitudes, feelings and beliefs of everything, including who we are. For true motivation to take place, we must bypass our conscious mind (our critical faculty) and offer healthy, positive suggestions to our subconscious mind.
Through hypnotherapy, Dr. Poole helps clients find their own solutions to life’s challenges, self-sabotaging habits, emotions, and thoughts. This leads to self empowerment, increased positive behaviour, peace, and happiness.
Hypnotherapy counselling sessions can be effective in:
- healing emotions, e.g. depression, anxiety, fears, and phobias
- increasing self-esteem and self worth
- reducing anxiety and stress, increasing relaxation
- reducing fears associated with dental or medical procedures
- managing pain and nausea
- speeding up the physical healing process
- becoming more comfortable with public speaking
- reducing test anxiety
- improving concentration
- increasing motivation
- maximizing skills and improving sport performance