Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Sessions
- quit smoking;
- change your weight;
- reduce your stress, anxieties, fears, or phobias;
- make positive changes in your life;
- enhance your learning; or
- enhance your athletic abilities.
Hypnosis is a natural state of physical and mental relaxation which we experience on our own every day. It’s what happens when we become engrossed in a movie, daydream, or ‘enter the zone’ in athletic activities.
During a hypnotherapy counselling session, you (the client) are aware of everything happening around you. You are neither unconscious nor asleep. Rather, you are in a deeply relaxed state where your mind is highly focused and ready to accept positive suggestions that will help you achieve your goals. You are always in control and will only implement suggestions you chose to implement. The power of hypnosis is within you, not the hypnotherapist.
Dr. Phebe-Jane Poole uses this very safe but powerful tool to guide you through a comfortable and inspiring experience where you communicate with your subconscious mind. The subconscious mind maintains and stores our long term memories, our emotions, our fears and phobias, our attitudes, feelings and beliefs of everything, including who we are. For true motivation to take place, we must bypass our conscious mind (our critical faculty) and offer healthy, positive suggestions to our subconscious mind.
Through hypnosis counselling and coaching sessions, Dr. Poole helps clients find their own solutions to life’s challenges, self-sabotaging habits, emotions, and thoughts. This leads to self empowerment, increased positive behaviour, peace, and happiness.
Hypnotherapy counselling sessions can be effective in:
- Healing emotions, e.g. depression, anxiety, fears, and phobias
- Increasing self-esteem and self worth
- Reducing anxiety and stress, increasing relaxation
- Reducing fears associated with dental or medical procedures
- Managing pain and nausea
- Speeding up the physical healing process
- Becoming more comfortable with public speaking
- Reducing test anxiety
- Improving concentration
- Increasing motivation
- Maximizing skills and improving sport performance
As well as working with clients one-on-one, Dr. Poole holds specific group hypnotherapy sessions and workshops. Please visit Upcoming Workshops for more information on these sessions.